Location: Longcross Court Cardiff
Laura Evans will give an insight into how the mind works under pressure and provide 3 practical tips and techniques to help you more effectively manage stress and pressure at work – some of which we’ll practice during the session.
- 13.3 million working days are lost per year due to stress, depression and anxiety
- Around 12 million adults in the UK see their GP with mental health problems each year
Phone Calls, Meetings, Projects. Files, Emails, too much to do. STOP! Everyone is under stress and pressure of some sort, and for some this is stimulating and perceived as a good thing, however for others it can create a sense of overwhelm and causes us various challenges. It’s all down to our ability to tolerate, our various thresholds, as well as our ability to recover (especially from prolonged periods of pressure). Being better able to manage pressure and stress successfully can transform the workplace for many people.
Today’s leaders and professionals have the challenge of finding tips and techniques to better manage their own stress, as well as supporting those around them – their team, their colleagues, or supporting those more senior to them.
Area of innovation being demonstrated
Neuro Linguistics Programming.
Benefits of attending?
Being able to bounce-back from situations rather than buckle under the pressure is a key skill in today’s world. This workshop will provide you with practical takeaways that you’ll be able to use straight away:
- An Introduction to NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), how your mind works and therefore you’ll gain a better understand of how the mind works under stress
- You’ll develop a better ability to recognise the early signs of stress
- You’ll learn how your mind distorts, deletes and generalises information – and under pressure this can work against us, making us feel even more overwhelmed (that is until we better understand what’s going on in our mind!)
- You’ll learn 1 question that will help you get out of the stuck feeling of overwhelm and will help you to start moving forward again (a question you can use to help others too!)
- Take away 3 practical tools and exercises that anyone can use straight away to help reduce stress
The session is only a taste of what NLP can offer anyone looking to build resilience and understand techniques to better manage pressure. It’ll be fun, interactive, and full of practical takeaways that you can put into practice in your workplace or business straight away. You don’t need any prior knowledge of NLP or communication skills, simply come with an attitude of curiosity and a willingness to learn.
There are limited places available, Contact email@example.com